Just because it’s free, doesn’t mean it’s the best option for you. Sure, free web hosting sounds great, and it might be a good option for a personal website, but if you own a business or ecommerce website, free hosting is definitely not the best option for you.
Here are some reasons why you should avoid free web hosting if you run a business website:
- Visitors see free sites as being unprofessional and “small-time.” This could make them reconsider giving you their business, which means fewer sales and lower profits.
- A free web host can shut your site down with no warning. For example, if you get accused of spamming, they can shut you down without you even getting the chance to defend yourself.
- You won’t get your own domain name. Instead of www.YourBusinessHere.com, you would get a sub-domain of the web host’s own domain name, like this: www.YourBusinessHere.FreeWebHost.com.
- If your website becomes popular and you start getting a lot of traffic, the free web host can start charging you for their services out of nowhere.
- Free web hosts tend to go out of business quickly, which means your website will come down and you’ll have to deal with a long and complicated transfer process to use another web host.
- Since your URL will be connected to someone else’s name, you could be wasting all the time and money you put into advertising because you are relying on them to maintain a good reputation and level of credibility. If people don’t like the free host, they won’t like your website because it is associated with them.
- Most free web hosts put their own ads on your website, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
- In addition, many free hosting providers also bombard your website visitors with pop-ups and advertising that will only drive your traffic away.
- If you don’t read the fine print, you might find that you’ve given up the copyright to all of your web content in exchange for your free hosting.
If you want your Internet business to be successful, then you should never even consider using free web hosting. Free web hosting might work well for someone who is just putting up a personal website, but it comes at too high of a cost for an online entrepreneur. Do some research to find a web hosting provider that can meet your needs, and think of your monthly hosting fees as an investment in your business’ success.
Category: Web Hosting